From 1904 to date...

We're still at the cutting edge of club tennis after more than 100 years and here are some of our key milestones:

1904
Land rented from a Mr West at the neighbouring Nag’s Head public house. Work started on first two courts.

1906-11
Four new grass courts laid.

1920 

“Juveniles” admitted as members for the first time and for summer holidays only.

1921 
County Lawn Tennis Association formed by agreement with the Gerrards Cross Bull Lane Tennis Club.

1925 
Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin and family accepted honorary playing membership.

1929-30 
Seventh grass court laid.

1930 
Freehold of grounds purchased from Weller’s Brewery, Amersham.

1930 
Sunday tennis introduced.

1937 
New pavilion constructed.

1951-52 
Three hard courts of 'Griselda' grey, semi-loose surface built.

1952 
Clement Attlee (Leader of the Opposition) and wife joined as members.

1962 
Club pavilion refurbished & extended.

1966 
Additional single hard court built on site of current court 10.

1967-72 
Additional facilities developed by hard courts including access road, shelter for juniors, tournament players and coaches; practice wall built.

1977 
Additional single hard court built on approximate current position of court 9.

1983 
First week-end visit to GMLTC by members of Enschede LTC of The Netherlands, with a reciprocal visit the following year. These highly social annual exchanges ran for 15 years.

1984 
Courts 14 and 15 built.

1985 
Five acres of land between the club and the Chiltern railway line purchased. 

1986 
Club members collaborate to rebuild the clubhouse on its old site, giving the club its first bar.

1995
Three acrylic courts laid (present courts 8-10).

1995 
Further purchase of land towards railway.

1997-98 
GMLTC started Community Tennis Partnership in co-operation with the LTA, Misbourne School and Chiltern District Council, taking tennis into local schools for all ages.

2000 
Floodlights installed on two courts.

2003 
Three all-weather courts constructed on land towards the railway. 

2004 

Centenary celebrations!

2006 
Floodlights now available on four courts.

2013 
New club house opened along with three new synthetic clay courts.

2014
A four-year sponsorship agreement with Hamptons International is confirmed

2015

New club strategy agreed with growth plans from 2016-2020, supported by the LTA.

2016

Watch this space ...

Come and join us!

Contact us today if you are interested in joining one of the few 'Grand Slam' tennis clubs in the UK.

Get in touch

Sponsors & Partners